Saturday, January 17, 2015

My Lucky Stars


A Blog Named Hero's current challenge theme is "Using Small Stamps." The idea is to use the smaller stamps in a stamp set to create a focal image or background. I used the Hero Arts "Shoot for the Moon" stamp set for my card.

To begin, I die cut the main panel from white cardstock with the largest of Lawn Fawn's "Small Stitched Rectangles" dies. After masking off the edges around the stitching lines, I used the 3 small star stamps in my chosen set to create the background. The ink colors I used were all Memento dye inks: Nautical Blue, Cantaloupe, Teal Zeal, Sweet Plum, Elderberry, & Lulu Lavender.

I stamped the greeting from the same set onto a piece of white cardstock, using Versamark ink. I heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder, and then die cut the tag shape with one of the "Stitched Tags" dies by Pretty Pink Posh. Finally, I blended Chipped Sapphire Distress ink over the tag. I felt the tag needed something to ground it on the card. So I cut a 1/4" strip of white cardstock & inked it with Cantaloupe. I threaded it through a ribbon buckle I'd die cut using this Spellbinders set. I glued it to the card panel, and glued the tag in place on top.

After die cutting a mat using the largest of Lawn Fawn's "Large Stiched Rectangles" dies, I inked it with Nautical Blue. I popped up the main panel on to that with foam tape, and adhered the completed card front to an A2 card base. I will be sending this card to Operation Write Home.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a challenge! The colors you chose look great together for a background. The buckle is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card and I always think this is a wonderful sentiment. Love those stitches. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! And I love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!