Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Merci


Having finally finished my Christmas cards, I'm now focusing for a bit on thank you cards to send to people who gave me gifts. This one is for a dear friend, whose favorite color is blue.

I got the design idea from a sketch I downloaded from My Favorite Things' website, for their "Blueprints 18" die set. I began by stamping the "Small Snowflake" background by Our Daily Bread Designs (no longer available) onto a piece of white cardstock cut to 5.25x4", using Versamark ink. I heat embossed that with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder, then inked over it with Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, and Seedless Preserves Distress inks. The white embossing resisted the inks, so the stamped design shows through.

For the upper panel, I die cut a piece of white cardstock with one of the dies from the "Blueprints 18" set. I embossed it with the "Snowflakes" embossing folder by Darice, and inked it with Salty Ocean. The color seemed a bit too bright, though, so I went over it lightly with Chipped Sapphire. Finally, I misted it with Heidi Swapp's "Tinsel" Color Shine spray.

After die cutting the circle & banner from the same die set, I stamped a snowflake (source unknown) on the white circle using Hero Arts' Navy mid-tone shadow ink. I used the same ink to stamp "merci" (from Stampabilities) on the banner piece. After inking the edges with Chipped Sapphire, I glued the pieces in place. I die cut a button from cardstock using one of Impression Obsession's "Buttons" dies, and inked around the edge of that with Chipped Sapphire. I glued it down, and stitched through the holes with a navy embroidery floss. Finally, I glued the top panel to the background.

I inked the front of a piece of 5-3/8"x4-1/8" cardstock with Chipped Sapphire, and used it to mat the card front. Finally, I adhered the completed front to a white A2 card base.

I'm entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge.

1 comment:

  1. wow, i luv the design of this..fabulous card! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!