Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Happy Hearts Day!


Simon Says Stamp's Work It Wednesday challenge theme this month is "Love." What says love more than a bear with a big heart? I created this card to send to Send a Smile 4 Kids, for a hospitalized child to receive for Valentine's Day.

For my card design, I chose the following Operation Write Home sketch:


I began by printing this digital image from Bugaboo Stamps onto a piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper, cut to 4x5.25". I then colored him in with Inktense pencils and a damp brush. Since there was space between him and the patterned paper strip, I added a wash of watered-down Pumice Stone Distress ink, just to ground the image. Then I set that aside to dry.

I used a patterned paper from My Mind's Eye's "Love Me" 6x6" pad for the left hand block and narrow strip on the right. For the greeting panel, I punched a heart from dark pink cardstock, using the Martha Stewart "Studded Heart" all-over-the-page punch. I glued that to the light pink cardstock strip that I'd already adhered my patterned papers to. Then I used a greeting from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' "Cocoa's Heart" clear stamp set (discontinued) to stamp inside the heart with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I was so glad that the stamp just fit inside the heart, since I'd already adhered everything to the light pink cardstock!

To finish the card, I matted the main panel with more light pink cardstock, and adhered the patterned paper/greeting panel in place. Then I adhered the completed card front to an A2 size card base, and this card was done!

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

Send a Smile 4 Kids' "Valentine's or Love Cards 4 Kids"
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' Release Day Challenge: "Use Something New" (new image from Bugaboo Stamps)

4 comments:

  1. Super cute card Andrea. Love the darling bear and the coloring. Those pattern paper pieces look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner! You really use the OWH sketches to their best light. Really cute. Thanks for entering in Send a Smile 4 Kids - Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! Soft and sweet.
    thank you for joining us at Sweet'nSassy stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....how sweet is this?! Just adorable! So glad you played with us at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!