Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Happy Birthday


Bugaboo Stamps is celebrating their 5th birthday this week with a series of challenges. Day 2's challenge theme is a sketch:


I initially designed my card as a landscape-oriented card, but ended up rotating the sketch 90 degrees to accommodate my elements.


I began by choosing this image from Bugaboo. Since my first card for this challenge series was a boy-themed card, I decided to go with a more girly card this time. This mouse just looks so cute holding that big balloon. I also decided to pair the image with the "Birthday Cake Tag" from Bugaboo for my greeting.

After printing my image onto 140 lb. watercolor paper, I die cut it with a Spellbinders "Classic Ovals LG" die. I also die cut the greeting, which I'd printed onto white cardstock, with a Lifestyle Crafts "Nesting Scallops" circle die. I colored the mouse & balloon with Inktense pencils & a damp paintbrush. Because the image on the greeting circle was so small, I just used regular colored pencils to color it.

My patterned paper comes from Recollections "Paddywack" 6x6" paper pad. I cut it to just under 4.25x5.5". I also die cut a mat for the focal panel from pink cardstock, using the largest die from Spellbinders' "Lacey Ovals." I glued the image piece to that, and inked around the edges of the greeting circle with Salty Ocean Distress ink, to help it stand out from the background. I also inked the front of a white A2 card base with Salty Ocean to create a mat.

After gluing the focal & greeting panels to the patterned paper, I adhered the completed card front to my card base. I will be sending this card to Send a Smile 4 Kids.

I'm also entering this card in Send a Smile 4 Kids "Anything Goes 4 Kids" challenge.

2 comments:

  1. So soft and feminine. Love the look of the image on watercolor paper, the coloring looks amazing. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug for our 5th Birthday Bash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your sweet and girly card with us on Day two of our Birthday Celebration at Bugaboo Stamps.
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!