Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rustic Merry Christmas


Even though it's barely November, my holiday card creating is getting in full-swing. Christmas will be here before we know it, and I'm not one who likes to send my Christmas cards in February!

I got the inspiration for this card from this blog post I found through Pinterest. I liked the simple design, and that this is one that could be made in multiples easily.

I began by cutting kraft cardstock to 4.25x5.5". I stamped the greeting from this Hero Arts set towards the bottom, using Hero Arts Cup o' Joe mid-tone shadow ink. Next I ran the panel through my die cutting machine, with The Paper Studio's "A2 Snowflake" embossing folder, to emboss the top portion of the card. I lightly rubbed my Ranger Adirondack Snow Cap pigment ink pad over the embossing, to highlight the snowflakes.

I cut a piece of ribbon to go between the embossed area & greeting, and adhered it with my ATG tape runner. I felt the bottom was still a bit too bland, though, so I used my Sakura white gel pen to add faux stitching along the side & bottom edges. Finally, I adhered it to an A2 card base. And that finished this card. Like I said, fairly quick and easy to mass-produce.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes"
a2z Scrapbooking's November challenge: "Anything Goes"
Hero Arts Holiday Challenge: "Anything Goes"

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card, love the embossing on the card and your sentiment is nice. Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific card! Love the strip of ribbon & your faux stitching! Glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love this latest card Andrea -- it's definitely favorite from all the work I have seen your share with us at a2z. I think the Red Ribbon is such a sweet touch and I love the Embossing on the Kraft cardstock! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kraft and white with a touch of gingham ... what a great rustic feel ... so glad you joined us at the November a2z scrapbooking challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. This led me over here. So much beautiful artwork to see! This one really caught my eye as I love the Scandinavian Christmas style and the use of kraft paper, Andrea D. La Vigneand this card is a wonderful combo of both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are made so lovely christmas card!! I love texture! Thank you for playing along with us at A2Z Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card ! Thank you for playing at the a2z Scrapbooking Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!