Sunday, November 16, 2014

Merry Christmas


Hero Arts is having a holiday challenge at their blog. I created this card with that challenge in mind. I'm entering it in 2 categories: "Mad About Metallics" & "Anything Goes."

I began by choosing this sketch by Operation Write Home:


I chose a patterned paper from my scrap stash, and die cut it with the scalloped frame from Mama Elephant's "Femme Frames" set. To create the mats, I cut pieces of white cardstock, inked around the edges with Versamark, and sprinkled on Ranger Gold embossing powder. After melting the powder with my heat tool, I had to apply more Versamark and embossing powder, since I'd missed some spots. I glued the patterned paper piece to the larger mat, and set that under a book to dry and flatten, since the heat from the heat tool had warped the cardstock significantly.

After printing the tree from this Hero Arts digital set onto white cardstock, I die cut it with one of Spellbinders' "Classic Ovals" dies. I inked the edges with Delicata Golden Glitz pigment ink, to tie in with the gold from the patterned paper and embossed mats.

I laid the die cut oval over the now-dry background, and positioned the green cardstock strip, without adhering anything down. I just wanted to see exactly where to stamp my greeting. I chose a greeting from Hero Arts "Merry Christmas Message" set, & stamped it in Versamark onto the green cardstock. I heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder.

Finally, I matted the green cardstock with the other gold embossed piece, and glued that to the card front. I glued the focal panel on top, & added dots of Christmas Red Stickles to the tree for ornaments. After inking a scrap of white cardstock with more Delicata ink and zapping it with my heat tool to set it, I die cut the star using one of My Favorite Things' "Blueprints 13" dies, and glued it to the top of the tree. I will be sending this to this year's Caring Hearts Card Drive.

I'm also entering this card in a2z Scrapbooking's November challenge: "Anything Goes."

3 comments:

  1. Your pretty tree really shines with that elegant background ... so glad you joined our November Challenge at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! You are so talented! Thank you for playing with us at A2Z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the elegant background and your colors. Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!