Sunday, November 16, 2014

Peace & Joy


This card is my final entry in Hero Arts' Holiday Challenge ("Mad About Metallics" & "Anything Goes" categories). This time, I decided to create a card for us to send out to a friend or family member. I'm sadly behind on these cards!

I chose this Operation Write Home sketch as the basis for my design:


It so happened that I have a Spellbinders "Standard Circles SM" die that is exactly 3" diameter, so that worked out perfectly for this sketch!

I opened the dove from Hero Arts' "Swirl Christmas" digital set in Photoshop. After changing the color to a light blue, I added a digital patterned paper from Dreamees to it using a clipping mask, lowering the opacity of the pattern to let the blue show through a bit. I printed the image onto a sheet of copy paper, and temporarily adhered my die cut circle over it, getting it as centered as possible. Then I ran that through the printer again, printing the dove onto the white cardstock circle. Finally, I inked around the perimeter with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink.

For the background, I cut a piece of dark blue cardstock to 4.25x5.5". I also cut a piece of patterned paper to 2.5x5.5", and a strip of silver glitter paper to go behind the focal panel (sources of both papers unknown). I adhered the patterned paper to the top of the blue cardstock, and adhered the glitter paper strip in place.

I stamped a greeting from Hero Arts' "Merry Christmas Message" set onto the lower right corner of the background, and heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder. Finally, I glued my focal piece in place, and adhered the entire front to an A2 card base. And that finished off this card. Once I got the dove worked out, it really went pretty quickly. I think this card would be easy to make multiples of.

I'm also entering this in a2z Scrapbooking's November challenge: "Anything Goes."

5 comments:

  1. Love the silver sparkle ... so glad you joined our November Challenge at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea -- I'm always so impressed with HOW fast you are at creating cards. Here I am just now getting online and you already used today's new Sketch, made a card and shared it on your blog! WOW!! You must be a "morning" person --- :) Thanks for entering it and all your others in our latest challenge at a2z ! Good Luck too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the design of your card Andrea! Also love the shades of blue. Thanks so much for playing in the a2z scrapbooking blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take of the sketch. Love the colors you choose. Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the sketch--beautiful card! Glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!