Monday, November 10, 2014

Merry Christmas Star


I first saw this card on Pinterest, and felt it would be a great card for making multiples. Christmas is fast approaching, & I'm trying to get lots of cards done in a short amount of time, so for at least some of them, simple is better!

When I find a card that I want to CASE, I often try not to have the photo in front of me while I'm crafting, to help keep me from copying it outright. Instead, I just keep the general idea in mind, and this makes it easier for me to put my own spin on it. This card is a good example.

I began by choosing my patterned papers. I chose 2 green patterns from Lawn Fawn's "Fa La La" Petite Paper Pack & Authentique's "Believe" 6x6" paper pad. The blue patterns are from my stash (source unknown). I cut a strip from each to go on the front.

I cut the star from white cardstock using a die from this set. After cutting it, I embossed it with Cuttlebug's "D'vine Swirl" embossing folder, and lightly rubbed my Shabby Shutters Distress ink pad over the top to emphasize the embossing. I also inked the edges with Shabby Shutters.

I die cut a piece of vellum using one of My Favorite Things' "Blueprints 15" dies, & ran it through my Xyron Creative Station, to apply adhesive to the back. After gluing the patterned paper strips to an A2 card base, I adhered the vellum over them. I stamped the flourish using one of Inkadinkado's "Dot Flourishes" stamps, and heat embossed it with Ranger Silver Tinsel embossing powder. Then I glued the star over that.

For the greeting, I stamped one from Hero Arts' "Merry Christmas Message" set onto white cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I die cut & embossed it with one of Spellbinders' "Labels Eighteen" dies. With the cardstock still in the die, inked the front with Shabby Shutters, leaving a white mat around the inking. Finally I glued it to the card front, using my T-ruler to make sure it was straight.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

a2z Scrapbooking's November Challenge: "Anything Goes"
Hero Arts Holiday Challenge: "Anything Goes" & "Mad About Metallics"

6 comments:

  1. Your cards are most elegant and stunning every day! I don't know where you find all the time and energy to create so many - especially those will all this detail! Thank you again for sharing it over at the a2z Scrapbooking Blog! We are very happy that you take part in all of our challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. I love the blue colors and your star. Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice take on the card, Andrea, love the swirls! glad to see it at a2z too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors, layout & choice of elements! So glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty panels ... so glad you joined us at the November Challenge at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! Thank you for playing with us at A2Z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!