Friday, October 16, 2020

Two Christmas Cards

 

 
 
The October Color Challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown is to use blue, white, & kraft. I don't know that I would ever have thought to combine these 3 colors, but I like the way my cards came out!
 
I used the 4" Gina K Wreath Builder template, along with her "Holiday Wreath Builder" stamp set, for my first card. I stamped the flowers first, with Lawn Fawn Forget-Me-Not ink. I used Hero Arts Cornflower ink to stamp the leaves, & Lawn Fawn Blue Jay ink for the little snowflake images between the flowers. This was my first time using the Wreath Builder, and I must say, it made things very easy!

I chose a greeting from the same stamp set. I stamped the circular border image first onto a scrap of kraft cardstock, then heat embossed with Ranger White Super Fine Detail embossing powder. I then heat embossed the greeting, & die cut it with a We R Memory Keepers "Nested Circles" die.

I matted my wreath panel with kraft, trimming it to a 1/16" border on all sides. Finally, I adhered my greeting circle. I considered adding sequins or some similar embellishment, but decided against it.

For my second card, I started by stamping my background. I used images from Hero Arts' "Vintage Christmas Post" stamp set (discontinued) and Lawn Fawn's Yeti pigment ink.  I really like the subtle white stamping on the kraft panel.
 
I die cut the "Poinsettia Border" from Memory Box (discontinued) from white cardstock & a light blue glitter cardstock. I also cut the "Christmas Blessings" from Simon Says Stamp from the same glitter cardstock. I glued the frame for the poinsettia border onto my background, and inlaid the blue petals. I then glued my greeting on. In hindsight, I wish I'd stacked multiple die cuts for the greeting, or added another die cut for a shadow, but I didn't think of it in time. So, to help it stand out a bit better, I outlined the words with a white gel pen.

To finish the card, I added Blue Babe Nuvo Crystal Drops to the center of each of the tiny flowers in the poinsettia border, and White Blizzard Nuvo Glitter Drops to the berries. I trimmed my panel to 5x3-3/4", and added it to a white A2-sized card base.

2 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards. The first is so fresh and clean, the second more subtle and delicate, both very pretty. I love the white stamping on the kraft card. Thanks for playing along at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!