Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Thanks So Very Much

 

The October Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K Designs is "Colorblocking." I got the inspiration for the pattern on my card from this photo I found on Pinterest.

The hardest thing about this card was actually figuring out how to do the masking. I finally cut a piece of scrap cardstock to 6x4-1/2", & marked out where I wanted the bands of color. I used a metal ruler & craft knife to cut along the inner line for the outermost section, leaving me with a panel & an L-shaped piece to use as masks.

I cut another panel of white cardstock to 5-1/4x4". I taped my panel mask in place, and inked the outer band with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. Then I covered that with my L-shaped mask, moved my panel mask 1/2" down and to the left, and inked the next section with Cracked Pistachio Oxide ink. I repeated this process, using Broken China, Evergreen Bough, Mermaid Lagoon, and finally Pine Needles Distress Oxide inks.

I chose a greeting from Gina K's "Autumn Wreath Builder" stamp set. After letting my inked panel dry for several hours, I heat embossed the greeting with Ranger White Super Fine Detail embossing powder. I also heat embossed one of the leaf images on either side of the greeting, just for a bit of decoration & to fill in the space a little more. Finally, I matted my panel with black cardstock, and added it to a white A2-sized card base.

I'm also entering this card in Creative Knockouts Challenge #372: "Embossing Delight."

4 comments:

  1. Great card Andrea, love the colorblocking!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome design and great color choices. Thanks for playing along in the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!