Monday, October 12, 2020

Happy Hanukkah

 

Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine had a sketch challenge as part of their World Card Making Day celebration. The sketch they posted inspired the design of my card.

I needed to rotate the sketch 90 degrees for my elements to fit. I used a patterned paper cut to 5-1/2x4-1/4" as my background. I cut a piece of silver cardstock to 4-1/2x3-1/4", and cut a piece of white cardstock to the same size.

I positioned the white panel in my MISTI stamping tool, and centered the menorah stamp, from Hero Arts' "Happy Hanukkah" set, on the panel. I stamped that in Lawn Fawn's Blue Jay ink. I removed the panel and replaced it with the silver panel. I stamped the menorah on that in the same position, so I had a guide for die cutting. I repeated this process with the Star of David stamp, adding one on either side of the menorah.

I lined up my menorah & Star of David dies, from the coordinating "Happy Hanukkah Frame Cuts" die set, over the images on the silver panel, and ran that through my die cutting machine. I repeated for the other star. I laid the silver panel over the white one, just to make sure everything was lined up properly. I had to shimmy the silver panel a bit, but overall it worked fine! So I went ahead and added lots of foam tape to the back of my silver panel, and adhered it to the white. I did trim a bit the edges off the white panel after adhering, just to make sure they didn't peek out from behind the silver at all.

I stamped the greeting onto a scrap of Essentials by Ellen 40 lb. vellum, with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink. I heat set that so it wouldn't smear, then cut it into a label. I used Plus vellum adhesive to adhere either end over the menorah cutout. This is the best adhesive I've found for adhering vellum. It does show ever so slightly, but is hard to see if you're not looking for it. Finally, I adhered my focal panel to my card base.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. A great card. Thank you for sharing your project with us for the ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door (TTCRD) this time.

    Debbie
    TTCRD DT
    decrafts - my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant! Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Dies R Us. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day, and stay safe and well.
    ♥ Lena ~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So classy!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Stay safe and well.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!