Saturday, October 31, 2020

Meowy Christmas

Janis at Her Peaceful Garden has been hosting her annual Cat Lovers Hop this week. One of the options to participate is to create a cat-themed project. I created this Christmas card using the new "Christmas Tree Cat" stamp set, illustrated by Anita Jeram for Colorado Craft Company.
 

I double-stamped the image onto a panel of Strathmore Vellum Bristol paper with Simon Says Stamp's Fog ink. I wanted a no-line look, but still wanted faintly-visible lines to guide my coloring, hence my choice of ink. I used my Prismacolor pencils to color it. I colored the cat to look like our middle cat, Barney. I did have to refer to the stamp set's index sheet frequently to see what all the little bits & bobs on the tree were, so I knew how to color them.

After I finished coloring, I stamped the greeting in Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink. I chose this because it's a mid-tone cool grey, which complements the colors I used for the cat. I played around with placement a while, and finally decided to tuck it in next to the cat's head. It seems like that location was made for that greeting to nestle. Finally, I cut 2 narrow strips of red cardstock, adhered them to both sides of a white A2-size card base to frame my panel, & adhered the panel on top.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

40 comments:

  1. Popping over from the Cat Lovers Hop... super cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeeeell thats just the best kitty image! And beautifully coloured! I had a ragdoll that 'rode' our christmas tree to the floor! Happy hopping with Cat Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I've seen this scene before in real life! Lol...Adorable image and perfect coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Christmas tree isn't going to survive for much longer! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous pencil coloring! This is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful card!
    thats my cat when we put up our Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute! Such a delicate image and your coloring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love that tree! You did a marvelous job coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FURRtastic and adorable!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    http://www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I know all about cats climbing Christmas trees, Andrea! We now hide the tree in the parlor which has French doors we can close to keep the cats out. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your card! I just recently won this stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute image with the cat in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this sweet image! It's on my wish list! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to be late, I'm just finally getting round to commenting on the last few Cat Lovers Hop projects. Haha - your kitty is up to mischief! Super Christmas kitty card, xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cat Hoppers are all nodding together in recognition at this familiar sight in the image!! Ha. Yes, I have seen this more than once in my long life of cats. <3 Your coloring is wonderful. Love this sweet card!

    I am finally on the homestretch of visiting and commenting on all the awesome cat projects! I have had a lot of fun looking at everyone's work. Thank you so much for going cat crazy with us during the #2020CatLoversHop!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!