Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Have a Lovely Birthday

  

I created this card for a friend's upcoming birthday. The "Symmetry" lesson on Day 3 of My Favorite Things' Summer School 2020 inspired the design. The symmetry on my card actually runs along both the horizontal & vertical axes of the panel.

I began with the flowers. I used MFT's "Watercolor Flowers" stamp set (discontinued) and the coordinating dies. I die cut 2 sets of flowers & leaves first, since the dies are solid & it is a bear to try to line them up after stamping. I put the negative space from die cutting on my Cricut sticky mat that I cut down to fit into my MISTI stamp positioning tool. With that butted into the corner of my MISTI, all I had to do was stick the die cuts to the mat in the appropriate spaces, line up the stamps & pick them up with the door of my MISTI, and stamp away. I used Hero Arts Lemon Yellow, Lawn Fawn Sunflower, & MFT Pineapple inks for the yellow flowers; MFT Peach Bellini, Hero Arts Orange Soda, & MFT Coral Crush for the smaller peach flowers; Lawn Fawn Peach Fuzz, Apricot, & Guava for the larger peach flowers; and Hero Arts Bubble Gum, Lawn Fawn Wild Rose, & Memento Rhubarb Stalk for the pink flowers. For the leaves, I used Memento New Sprout & Pear Tart, adding Hero Arts Lime Green for the third layer on the larger leaves. I used Gina K Charcoal Brown ink for all the flower centers.

I stamped my greeting, from MFT's "Birthday Greetings" (discontinued), in the center of a blue panel, and heat embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I adhered that to my white card base, and arranged my flowers above & below. I taped the flowers in place temporarily with low-tack painter's tape, then lifted them one-by-one, applied glue to the back, and stuck everything down. I like the look of the flowers extending onto the white border of the card base. I cut off the bits that were overhanging the top & bottom edges, and that finished this card.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create August 2020 Challenge: "Anything Goes" (not playing the twist)
Die Cut Divas: "Flowers"

6 comments:

  1. Perfect in every way!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, using your "symmetry" lesson. So glad you joined us for our “All About the Flowers” August challenge at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great example of KISS (Keep It Simple, Sister) design! Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!