Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Rainbow Prayers

 

This card is for the Day 2 lesson from My Favorite Things' Summer School 2020. The lesson theme is "Rainbow." Because I wanted to make a sympathy card, I decided to go with a more pastel rainbow.

I used one of the brushstroke stamps from MFT's "Abstract Art" stamp set (discontinued) to stamp my rainbow. I lined it up on my card panel in my MISTI stamp positioning tool. I used Memento Angel Pink; Lawn Fawn Peach Fuzz; Altenew Vanilla Cream; and Memento New Sprout, Summer Sky, & Lulu Lavender inks. I started with the pink, and just moved my panel up in my MISTI for each subsequent stroke. I ended up cutting the panel down after I finished stamping, as I had extra space after the lavender, & didn't want to add any more colors.

I stamped the "prayers" from MFT's "Sending Prayers" set (discontinued) with Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink. I initially tried Hero Arts Soft Granite, but even a couple of impressions didn't cover the rainbow stripes adequately. The Morning Mist covered with only 1 stamping. I stamped the sub-greeting, from the same set, onto a strip of Bazzill Icy Mint cardstock, and adhered it below the prayers word.

I double-matted my panel with black & dark grey cardstocks, and finally adhered it to a white A2-size card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!