Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Today You Can

 

I created this card to send to Scrapbook.com for their Cards for Kindness campaign. They are collecting cards for several charities to use. I figure encouragement cards are always good to have on hand. The color scheme & dragonfly theme from the current Fusion challenge inspired the design elements.
 
I had actually already made the brick panel for a scrapbook layout. It didn't work out for that, though, so I cut it down to use on a card. To create the pattern, I had used Ranger texture paste over My Favorite Things' "Small Brick Wall" stencil. Since it was already dry when I sat down to make this card, I went ahead & blended Peacock Feathers & Pine Needles Distress inks over the surface. I thought the texture paste would kind of absorb the color, but the ink just pretty much sat on the surface. To seal it, I first tried applying Distress Micro Glaze to the surface. But when I buffed off the excess, I still got color coming off the paste layer. So I finally added a coat of Perfect Paper Adhesive Matte liquid glue/sealer over the whole panel, which apparently did the trick of sealing in the color.

I used Technique Tuesday's "Dreamy Dragonfly" stamp set for the dragonflies & greeting. I stamped them on white cardstock with Lawn Fawn Fresh Lavender ink. I fussy cut the dragonflies, and cut the greeting into a banner shape. Once the glue layer had dried on the brick panel, I used more PPA Matte to adhere my images & greeting.
 
To finish the card, I matted a pale grey cardstock panel with teal, to pick up the blue in the Fusion inspiration photo. I adhered that to a white card base, and then used tacky glue to stick down my focal panel.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge: "Anything Goes"
Creative Knockouts Challenge #365: "Anything Goes"
613 Avenue Create's August Challenge: "Anything Goes" (not playing the twist)

2 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!