Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Take Care of Yourself

  

Karolyn Loncon's lesson about white space on Day 5 of My Favorite Things' Summer School 2020 inspired this card design. I'll be the first to admit, I don't generally do CAS cards. I find I'm more of a "kitchen sink" crafter--as in, everything and the kitchen sink! LOL But I decided to give this a go, and my card actually came together pretty quickly, once I had a direction.

For the butterfly, I inked up a scrap of white cardstock with Dried Marigold Distress ink, creating an ombre effect. I let that dry before die cutting. When the ink dried, I lost some of the darkness at the bottom, so I inked over that part a bit more with the same color, then dried it with my heat tool. I die cut that using the largest butterfly from MFT's "Flutter of Butterflies - Solid" die set (discontinued). I die cut the corresponding "Flutter of Butterflies - Lace" butterfly from Essentials by Ellen 40 lb. vellum, & the body from a scrap of a champagne-shimmer cardstock. This is actually my favorite way to layer these butterfly dies. I gently folded the lace butterfly where the wings join the body, and then glued just the body to the inked layer. Finally, I glued the body on.

I die cut the scalloped rectangle from "Blueprints 20" from MFT (discontinued) from white cardstock. I stamped the "Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots" background on that, with Lawn Fawn Kiddie Pool ink, then adhered it to a white A2-size card base.

For the greeting, I die cut the stitched banner from "Blueprints 20" from white cardstock, and inked it with Dried Marigold. I dried it with my heat tool, then stamped the greeting, from MFT's "Get Well Wishes" (discontinued), with Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink. I glued that & my butterfly centered on the upper part of my scalloped panel. I love how this card came out. Maybe I should do CAS cards more often! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!