Wednesday, September 23, 2020

You're Awesome!

 

I am in the midst of creating more cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids. I decided to make a little scene card, using the fox from Lawn Fawn's "Really High Five" as my central character, hanging from the balloons from Mama Elephant's "Up and Away."

I began by creating masks for the fox, balloons, & speech bubble (from Lawn Fawn's "A Birdie Told Me" stamp set). I stamped the images & the greeting onto a panel of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink, and then covered them with my masks. I inked the clouds in rainbow colors, using My Favorite Things' "Cloud" stencil. I made sure to choose soft colors of ink, since I wanted the sky to be clearly in the background, and not compete with my images.

I removed the masks, & used my Tombow markers to color the fox & balloons. I chose colors for the balloons that went with the cloud colors, but more intense. I added a black strip to each side of a white A2-size card base, and adhered my image panel on top.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. How adorable is this image, great coloring too, it's wonderful!

    Thank you again for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!