Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Stellar Birthday Card

 
I created this fun birthday card for the Lawn Fawnatics "Make the Sentiment the Star" challenge.
 
I began by die cutting a panel of Canson XL Mixed Media paper with the largest of the "Large Stitched Rectangle" dies by Lawn Fawn. I used yellow Frog tape to mask off the border outside the stitching lines. To create my galaxy background, I first inked the panel with Picked Raspberry, Mermaid Lagoon, Seedless Preserves, Mustard Seed, & Lucky Clover Distress inks. I hit that with my heat tool briefly, just so the inks wouldn't smear, and then blended Black Soot Distress ink over the whole sky. To create stars, I spattered on some Champagne Gold & White Gold metallic watercolors, from the Gansai Tambi Starry Colors set.

After hitting the panel with my heat tool to dry the ink & watercolor, I heat embossed several stars/constellations from Lawn Fawn's "Super Star" stamp set with Ranger White Super Fine Detail embossing powder.

For the greeting, I die cut the letters to spell "stellar" with Lawn Fawn's "Quinn's Capital ABCs." I used the coordinating stamps to stamp each letter onto the die cuts with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I stuck them to my panel with liquid glue. For the beginning of the greeting, I used one of the phrases from Lawn Fawn's "Out of this World" stamp set. I stamped it also with Onyx Black onto a scrap of white cardstock, cut that into a label, & glued it above the "stellar" word.

I wanted some extra pops of color, so I stamped the rocket, 2 planets, and the flame from "Out of this World" onto a scrap of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper. I colored them with my Tombow markers. I die cut all but the flame, which doesn't have a coordinating die. That, I just fussy cut. I glued the flame to the bottom of the rocket, and then glued my images to the background. Finally, I adhered the panel to a white A2-size card base.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Thanks for your astronomical submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this card is out of this world!! love the galaxy! love the rainbow letters!! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thsi card is amazing! Love the galaxy background ad the sentiment is so cool! Thanks a lot for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!