Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Happy Skating Penguin

 

Christmas Card Throwdown's September theme challenge is "Polar Bears/Penguins." I have had this wood-mounted "Skating Penguin" stamp from Stampendous for several years, & thought it would be perfect for this challenge. I paired it with Mama Elephant's "Holly's Snowflakes" & My Sentiments Exactly's "Holiday Happiness to You" stamps for my card.

I used Sketch #SC752 from Splitcoaststampers.com for my design. I cut a piece of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper to size, and with the help of my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, double-stamped the penguin with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I colored the beak & scarf with my Tombow markers, and used a pale grey marker to shade the skates. I also used a pale blue to add some "ice" & shading under the penguin's feet.

I cut a panel of red cardstock for the mat, & heat embossed my greeting at the bottom with Ranger White Super Fine Detail embossing powder. I also cut a strip of patterned paper from my scrap stash, and adhered it to a panel of sage green cardstock, before mounting that to my card base.

I felt the white background on my image panel was a little too white, so I used a few small stamps from "Holly's Snowflakes" & Lawn Fawn Kiddie Pool ink to add a bit of interest. Rather than cut out a mask for the penguin, I just blocked it off as needed with a sticky note. I finished by adhering my image panel to the red mat.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

10 comments:

  1. Love this cute lil guy, great card Andrea!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. The penguin is adorable - he's doing so well with his skating! I really like your colour choices - your card looks modern and stylish. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clean & classy! I will be casing this sketch!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the clean design and color choice. The penguin is cute! Thanks for playing at 52cct

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable image, awesome card!!
    Thanks for sharing your art creations with us at 613 Ave Create …..Good Luck and Look forward to seeing you again!!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell ~ DT 💕

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!