Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Happy Birthday!

 

My sister-in-law's birthday is coming up soon, & I wanted to make her a special card. So I pulled out my Lawn Fawn "Magic Picture Changer" die set & "Birthday Before 'n Afters" stamp set and went to work.

I cut 2 pieces of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper large enough to accommodate the "Magic Picture Changer" & the frame from the "Magic Picture Changer Add-on" dies. I marked where the window would be on each piece, and used those marks as a guide to stamp my images. I stamped the wrapped present on the main panel, & the corresponding image on the other panel. I used a black felt-tip pen to draw lines for a baseboard, and then masked my present & the lower part of my scene. I inked the top "wall" part with Speckled Egg Distress ink, moved the tape mask to cover the wall & baseboard, and inked the floor with Gathered Twigs Distress ink. Finally, I removed both my masks and colored the present & baseboard with Tombow markers. I repeated the process for the other panel.

Card with the second image showing

I die cut a piece of patterned paper from my scrap stash with the "Magic Picture Changer Add-on" frame die. I assembled the magic picture changer, and adhered my frame to the front. For the background, I embossed a piece of yellow cardstock with the "Chevron" embossing folder from Park Lane. I heat embossed my greeting, from "Birthday Before 'n Afters," with Ranger White Super Fine Detail embossing powder. I cut the happy birthday words into labels, and the secondary greeting into a narrow banner shape, and glued them in place. Finally, I adhered my magic picture changer to the background, and mounted it onto a white A2-size card base.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Your sister-in-law is going to love this card! Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun interactive card, and your SIL will love it!
    Thanks for sharing your art creations with us at 613 Ave Create …..Good Luck and Look forward to seeing you again!!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell ~ DT 💕

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!