Saturday, September 5, 2020

Yappy Barkday!

 
 
My sister-in-law's birthday is coming up soon. She & my brother have 2 dogs, Glennis & Yeager, so he always wants me to make a card to her from them. While he hasn't requested one this year--yet--I decided to go ahead & make one. I used the sketch from the current Stella Says Sketch challenge at Catch the Bug's blog for my design.

I chose the "Birthday Pup 1" & "Birthday Pup 3" digital images from Bugaboo Stamps (both discontinued) for my focal image. They do not look like my brother's & sister-in-law's dogs, but I figured they are close enough. I created a 4x2" blank "canvas" in Photoshop, and dragged both images onto that. I resized them to fit, & positioned the dog on the right slightly overlapping the other one, so it looks like he's in front. I then printed the composite image onto a piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper.

I used an ultra-fine tip Sharpie marker to draw 2 parallel lines behind the pups to make a baseboard for my little scene. Then I painted everything with my watercolors. I did paint the dogs to look like Glennis & Yeager. After the watercolor dried, I went back over the dogs' eyes with a black felt-tip pen, & added catch lights with a white gel pen.

For the greeting, I used Lawn Fawn's "Harold's ABCs." I could have done it on the computer, but I was feeling a bit lazy. Not that spelling out a greeting with tiny letter stamps doesn't take effort! :) I spelled out "Yappy Barkday!" with the stamps onto an acrylic block. I stamped that on a scrap of white cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black ink. Then I cut that into a banner.

To finish the card, I first adhered a panel of teal cardstock to a white A2-size card base. I cut a strip from the "Citrus Matstack" from Die Cuts with a View, & adhered that towards the bottom of my card. I adhered my image panel, & finally glued the banner in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!