Tuesday, August 25, 2015

With Heartfelt Sympathy


I decided to create a sympathy card, just to have on hand in the event that we need one sometime. I'm really trying to build up a stash of various themed cards, so I'm not pressured to make one at the last minute for something!

I used the Sketch #551 from Splitcoaststampers.com for my design. I chose the "Agapanthus Flower" and one of the greetings from Doodle Pantry's "Sympathy Sentiments" (apparently retired) for my focal panel. After combining them on a digital "canvas" in Photoshop, I printed the image on to a piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper. I colored the flower with Inktense pencils, using a damp paintbrush to blend the colors.

For the background, I cut a strip of blue cardstock and adhered it at an angle to another piece of watercolor paper, that I'd cut to 4x5.25". I trimmed off the overhanging ends, and then embossed it with the "Flower Clusters" embossing folder by Sizzix. I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the panel, just above the blue strip. After poking holes through the paper, I stitched a line along each edge of the ribbon, using white embroidery floss. I matted both that and the focal panel with a pale blue cardstock. Finally, I glued the focal panel to the background, and mounted that onto a white A2-size card base.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I need to make several of these right now unfortunately. I like the color & that it is on the subtle side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! Sorry you have need of several sympathy cards. Hope you don't have too much heartache.

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!