Monday, August 24, 2015

Joy of the Season


Merry Monday's Challenge #169 is "Light Green, Dark Green, & Red." I used this card that I found through Pinterest for my design inspiration.


I began with my upper panel. I embossed a piece of Strathmore Bristol paper with Hero Arts' "Arrow Pattern" stencil. Then I blended Cracked Pistachio & Pine Needles Distress inks on that panel, creating an ombre look. Once I had the ink blended pretty smoothly, I sprayed the panel with my homemade Perfect Pearls mist. This gave it a bit of shimmer and helped blend the inks a little more. Then I set that aside to dry.

I stamped the greeting, from this Hero Arts set, on a piece of white cardstock, using Versafine Onyx Black ink. The spacing under "wishing" in this particular stamp has always bothered me, and made me feel like I needed to put something there. So for this card, I pierced 2 lines of holes, and stitched little cross stitches with red embroidery floss.

To assemble the card, I adhered the ink-blended panel to my white cardstock, and wrapped a piece of red satin ribbon around the seam. Then I tied a bow onto that with more ribbon. Finally, I matted that with dark green cardstock, and adhered the completed card front to a white A2-size card base.

I'm also entering this card in a2z Scrapbooking's "Texture" challenge.

20 comments:

  1. Lovely background and it makes an unusual Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the addition of the stitching to the card. It's that extra pizazz. I never would have thought to combine those two inks, but the panel is so rich in color that I'm going to have to get out of my comfort zone. Beautiful card!

    So glad you joined us at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another stunning card Andrea. Love the colour of your texture panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card! Love the embossing and the stitching next to part of the stitching is great! Thanks for joining us at a2z scrapboking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! love the color with the texture and the little extra you added with the greeting, Andrea! glad you entered it at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the technique you used on the top panel, gorgeous CAS design. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card with the perfect layout! Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite stencil! Lovely colors, thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embossing looks fabulous on your cardstock piece. Great color challenge! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!