Friday, August 21, 2015
No One Like You
Send a Smile 4 Kids is have a "CAS Cards 4 Kids" challenge. I decided to create this card with that challenge in mind.
I die cut the "Stitched Filmstrip" die by Pretty Pink Posh from 140 lb. watercolor paper for my focal panel. I then pressed Mermaid Lagoon & Cracked Pistachio Distress ink pads onto my non-stick craft sheet, and spritzed the ink with water. I smooshed my filmstrip around in the ink, until I got it covered completely. Then I dried it with my heat tool, and pressed it into the ink puddles again, to get further depth of color. Once that was dry, I cleaned up my craft sheet, and repeated the process, this time with just Abandoned Coral Distress ink. When the filmstrip looked like I wanted, I set it aside.
I had already marked the spaces where the openings in the filmstrip would go, onto a piece of Strathmore bristol paper. I stamped 3 of the images from Hero Arts' "Woodland Creatures" set, plus the ladybug from that set, one in each of the spaces. Because I would be coloring them with my Zig Clean Color pens, I made sure to stamp them in Ranger Archival Jet Black ink, which is waterproof when dry. After I had given the images a few minutes to dry, I colored them in, and erased the pencil marks on the bristol.
For the background, I used a dot stencil by Donna Downey Studio. I colored some Golden Light Molding Paste with Mermaid Lagoon, and spread it over the stencil, onto a piece of pale blue cardstock. Once I'd covered the cardstock, I set that aside to dry.
I stamped a greeting from the same Hero Arts set onto another piece of pale blue cardstock, using Versamark ink. I heat embossed that with Recollections Clear Detail embossing powder, then inked over it with Mermaid Lagoon. The embossing resisted the ink, letting the light blue greeting show. I cut that into a banner strip, and glued it to the now-dry background panel.
I ran my filmstrip die cut through my Xyron Create-a-Sticker machine, to apply adhesive to the back side. Then I adhered it over my stamped bristol piece, and trimmed off the excess bristol from around the filmstrip. Then I glued that to my background, above the greeting strip. Finally, I mounted the completed card front to a white A2-size card base.
I'm also entering this card in a2z Scrapbooking's August "Texture" challenge.