Friday, November 4, 2022

Snowy Season's Greetings


This is my second card for Christmas Card Throwdown's October Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. For this one I chose the diagonal row of Favorite Color (purple), Patterned Paper, & Die Cut.



I used the remainder of the same "failed" alcohol ink background from my first card for this challenge to die cut the snowflakes. As Jennifer McGuire says, if you do a background you don't like, just die cut from it! 😊 I cut a panel of pink patterned paper from an old 6x6" pad from BoBunny, & matted it with navy cardstock, to complement the dark blue snowflakes. I glued my snowflakes to that.

I die cut a label with one of the "Grommet Tags" set by Spellbinders (discontinued) from yellow cardstock, & heat embossed my greeting with navy embossing powder. The greeting comes from Hero Arts' "Holiday Cardinal" stamp set. I adhered 3 purple strips - scraps from an ink smooshed technique piece I'd done previously - to my pink panel. I then adhered my greeting label over those. As a finishing touch, I colored 2 clear gems with a navy Sharpie marker, and glued them over the holes in the ends of the label.

6 comments:

  1. très jolie création Andrea, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!