Friday, November 18, 2022

Season's Greetings

This week's challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown is to use the colors blue, red, & white on your card. Other than black, those are the only colors you can use. I created this card, inspired by that challenge & Kristina Werner's lesson on Day 2 of Online Card Classes' "Holiday Card Workshop 2022."


I stamped the plaid design with My Favorite Things' "Plaid Background Builder" set (discontinued) & Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink onto a panel of Bazzill Icy Mint (pale blue) cardstock. Then I adhered that to my white A2 size card base.

For the snowflake, I used Hero Arts' "Color Layering Snowflake." I stamped the first layer with Hero Arts Cornflower ink, & the second with Lawn Fawn Forget-Me-Not ink. For the third layer, I used Ranger White Super Fine Detail embossing powder. I kind of wish (in hindsight) that I'd used a dark blue embossing powder instead of white, but I still think it looks OK. I just feel the dark blue would have popped more. Next time! :)

I stamped the greeting, from Hero Arts' "Finch Greetings," onto white cardstock with Forget-Me-Not ink, & fussy cut it out.

I laid the snowflake & greeting onto my background, & just felt the card needed a bit more. So I got some white holographic sewing thread & made a messy nest to put behind the snowflake. I used my ATG adhesive on the back of the snowflake to tack down the thread. Then I glued that to my card with liquid glue, just so it would hold very well over the Oxide ink. I glued my greeting down, centered below the snowflake, & that finished this card.

6 comments:

  1. magnifique création Andrea, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and a wonderful way to use the colours from the 52CCT challenge. Thanks for joining in the fun. I hope that we will see your creations again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the papers.
    Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!