Friday, November 11, 2022

Peaceful

The current challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown is a sketch. I followed the sketch pretty much literally, except to extend the strips across the entire panel.



I got the inspiration for the background from Koren Wiskman's lesson on Day 7 of Online Card Classes' "Holiday Card Workshop 2022." I masked off the border with yellow Frog tape, & ink blended the center with Saltwater Taffy, Worn Lipstick, & Abandoned Coral Distress inks. I used the "Gracious Leaves" embossing folder from Memory Box to emboss the panel.

I heat embossed the greeting, from Simon Says Stamp's "Holiday Greetings Mix 1" stamp set, with gold onto a scrap of patterned paper I had in my stash. I cut that into a strip & added a narrow strip of matte gold foil cardstock along the bottom. I adhered that to my embossed panel. Finally, I added my panel to a Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock mat that I'd adhered to a white A2-size card base.

I'm also entering this card in Through the Craft Room Door's "Anything Goes" challenge.

4 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!