Thursday, November 24, 2022

Santa & Friends


This week's challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown is all about "Santa & Friend(s)." Basically, create a Christmas card with Santa & one or more of his friends. I immediately thought of Bugaboo's "Scene It: Santa and Friends" digital image (discontinued), & thought it would be perfect for this challenge. With the proportions of this image, you really don't need anything else to make an impactful card!



I decided to make the image the size of my 5-1/4x4" panel, which leaves a 1/8" border on all sides of my A2-size card. I sized it in Photoshop, & printed it onto a panel of Strathmore Vellum Bristol paper. I used my Prismacolor colored pencils to color the image. The most difficult part of coloring was trying to determine in a couple of spots what went where. Because this is a rather complex image, I just went one element at a time while coloring.

After I finished the coloring, I matted my panel with burgundy cardstock that I'd adhered to a white card base. I decided to add a little something extra, so I went over Rudolph's nose with White Blizzard Nuvo Glitter drops. I also added that to the bell on the elf's hat & more bits here and there around the snow areas. And that finished this card! The longest portion was honestly the coloring. I love how this came out, though!

I'm also entering this card in Send a Smile 4 Kids' "Happy Holidays 4 Kids" challenge.

2 comments:

  1. elle est super fun cette scène Andrea, le père noël est bien entouré, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!