Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hello


The final challenge for My Favorite Things Camp Create is "Shadow Stamping." Basically. you stamp a solid image in white pigment ink. Then you stamp the same image again over the first stamping, but slightly offset, creating a shadow. I do not have any solid MFT stamps, so I used some of the images from Paper Smooches' "Botanicals 2" set, along with one of MFT's "Happy Hellos" dies (apparently now retired). (I did try creating my own solid stamps by die cutting craft foam with a few MFT dies, but it just did not work out.) For inks, I used Hero Arts Unicorn (white) pigment ink and Hero Arts Green Hills dye ink.

My initial idea was to stamp the foliage starting in the lower left corner, and have it go along the bottom & left edges of the card, "hugging" the die cut greeting. But that looked a bit too unbalanced, so I added a sprig of leaves in the top right corner. By the time I finished "balancing" the design, I had to stamp pretty much the whole panel!

I die cut my greeting from some dark teal green cardstock, and used Perfect Paper Adhesive to glue it in place on my panel. Finally, I adhered my card front to a white A2 card base. Other than all the stamping for the background, a pretty easy card to put together. :)

2 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!