Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Be Happy


I have another card for My Favorite Things Camp Create, Session #3. The challenge for this one is "Remarkable Resist." I used a stamp from MFT's "Diamonds & Dots Border" set (apparently retired) for the emboss resist on my background.
I first cut a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media Paper to 4.25x5.5". I used my MISTI to stamp the background pattern with Versamark ink, then heat embossed it with Recollections Clear Detail embossing powder. I taped that panel to a cutting board with blue painter's tape, and used my Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolors to paint the background. After I got a layer of color down, I spritzed it generously with water, and tipped it in different directions to help the colors blend. I dried it with my heat tool, then added another layer of color, spritzed it, and hit it with my heat tool again. That got me the depth of color I wanted. Finally, I die cut the panel with the stitched rectangle from "Blueprints 13."

For the greeting, I die cut one of MFT's "Happy Trio" from white & black cardstocks. I also stamped the "Be" from "Simply Fabulous Sayings" onto black cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder. I cut that into a small strip, and set it aside. I used Ranger Multi Medium Matte to coat the back of my black die cut word, and positioned it on my panel with the help of my tweezers. I did the same with the white die cut, offsetting it slightly from the black to give a shadow effect. Then I glued the "Be" strip above.

I felt the greeting needed something to help ground it. So I used the larger arrow die from "Blueprints 13" to partially die cut 2 arrows from gold glitter cardstock. Because I needed the arrows to be even longer than the die, I just cut the pointed end and most of the shaft, leaving the narrower end uncut. I drew lines on the back of the cardstock, to extend the cut lines, and cut along those lines with my scissors. I glued one arrow above & one below the greeting. I really like how that finishes that area off! :)

To finish the card, I matted the panel with black, and adhered that to a white A2 card base. I will send this card to Send a Smile 4 Kids.

I'm also entering this card in Send a Smile 4 Kids "For the Girls" challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!