Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sending You Blessings


Merry Monday Christmas Challenge Blog's current theme is "Sentiment in the Spotlight." I decided to create one more card for their challenge.


It took me a few minutes to figure out how to do the double die cut inlay I wanted to do. I started by die cutting a circle in my patterned paper (from my scrap stash), using a Spellbinders "Standard Circles SM" die. I also die cut a circle with the same die from some dark green cardstock. I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4x5.25", the same size as my patterned paper, and ran it through my Xyron Creative Station to apply adhesive to one side. Then I adhered that to the back of my patterned paper, and positioned my green circle in the window.

For the stamped portion of my greeting, I used two stamps from the "Holiday Sentiments" set by Clearly Besotted. I placed my panel in my MISTI, and roughly positioned my stamps. After picking them up with the door of the MISTI, I curved them, frequently checking to see if the curve basically matched the circle. I did try using the die to curve them, but that turned out to be more difficult than just eye-balling it. Finally, I stamped them with Versamark ink, and heat embossed with Ranger Gold embossing powder, to complement the gold in the patterned paper.

I then took the "blessings" die from Simon Says Stamp's "Christmas Blessings," and die cut it from the panel. I also die cut it from some red shimmer paper. I cut a piece of scrap white cardstock, large enough to fit behind the die cut opening in my panel. Just in case any of that piece peeked through, I inked it with Barn Door Distress ink. After the ink dried, I applied a lot of adhesive with my ATG gun, and adhered it behind the opening in my panel. I carefully inlaid the red "blessings" die cut, and then placed the negative pieces in the letters from die cutting the panel. To finish the card, I adhered the panel to a piece of burgundy cardstock, then mounted that to a white A2 card base.

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges;

Simon Says Stamp's Monday "Love this Technique" (die cut inlay)
Live Love Cards' September Challenge: "Shimmer & Shine"
Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Die Crazy"

12 comments:

  1. oh this is amazing! love the inlaid die cut, it's beautiful and perfect in this card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours and I love the Gold DSP, Fabulous Christmas card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, this card is so elegant! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! love your inset dies!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!