I've been enjoying making Halloween cards lately for Send a Smile 4 Kids. I wouldn't normally make these, not because I'm anti-Halloween, but just because I don't have much use for them. But I hope the hospitalized children SAS4Kids serves will get a kick out of them!
I used the same sketch, from Splitcoaststampers' Sketch Challenge #553, for all of my cards:
I also used the same pumpkin stickers. I got a pack of dimensional cat & jack o' lantern stickers last fall at Michael's on sale. I figured they'd be perfect for Halloween cards, and they are. But I'm still working my way through them, and I'd like to use them up! The dimensional part on the jack o' lanterns was a bit hokey, so I ended up (carefully) pulling that off each (the under layer was the full jack o' lantern image) and adding my own googly eyes. When I adhered them to my cards, I used some Ranger Multi Medium Matte on the back to glue them down, just to make sure they won't come off. (I have learned from May Flaum not to trust sticker adhesive!)
I chose a patterned paper for each of my first 2 cards from the "Witch's Dust Halloween" collection by Recollections. (Also bought on sale at Michael's last year.) I die cut a circle in each patterned paper piece with one of the "Stitched Circles" dies by Simon Says Stamp. For the part behind the left side on my "booyah!" card, I embossed a piece of black paper with the "Honeycomb" embossing folder by Tim Holtz. I used the "Woodgrain" embossing folder, also by Tim Holtz, for the other card, inking over the raised portion with Gathered Twigs Distress ink. I stamped the "Booyah!" greeting on a strip of grey cardstock, using Lawn Fawn's "Riley's ABC's," and cut it into a banner shape. The greeting for the other one comes from a Hampton Art Halloween stamp set. I don't know the name, unfortunately, since it was not printed on the packaging!
I got the red & black tree pattern (on the right-hand card) from the same Recollections paper pad. For the other one, I used a sheet from the Jillibean Soup "Owloween Stew" 6x6" paper pad. I die cut circles in those as well, and embossed the left layers, with the Tim Holtz "Woodgrain" & "Bubble" embossing folders. (I used Black Soot Distress ink on the woodgrain embossing.) I stamped "Spooky!" with "Riley's ABCs," and stamped the greeting on the other card with a stamp from another Hampton Art Halloween set. I cut each greeting strip into a banner, and glued them to the card fronts. And that finished up these cards. They really came together pretty quickly, especially due to using the same design and many of the same elements for each card. I did my dreaded mass-production. But it wasn't bad, because I only made 4 cards, rather than 40! :)