Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Happy Birthday!

 


A woman I met at an online retreat last Fall has a birthday coming up, so I made her this card. I used several Lawn Fawn products to create my elements.

I stamped the mice, from "Bubbles of Joy," as well as one of the party hats from "Beam Me Up," on scraps of Strathmore Vellum Bristol paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. (This is my preferred ink & paper combination when I use colored pencils.) I used my Prismacolor pencils to color them, then die cut them with the coordinating dies. I used a bit of liquid glue to add a hat to each mouse's head, & went over their eyes with a black glaze pen.

I used My Favorite Things' "Rolling Clouds" stencil & Tumbled Glass Distress ink to create the sky. I cut the grass with a couple of "Grassy Hillside Borders" dies from a scrap of Recollections "Watercolor" 12x12" patterned paper. I used another purple scrap from the same paper pad for my balloon, which I die cut with a "Party Balloons" die. I also die cut 3 more balloons from scrap white cardstock & glued them to the back of my purple balloon to create dimension. I heat embossed the greeting, from "Beam Me Up," on the balloon and used a white gel pen to add the exclamation point.

After I adhered the back grass layer to my card front, I glued down the running mouse. I tied a piece of white crochet twine around the neck of the balloon, & glued the balloon to my card. I stretched the twine to the mouse's paw, and used a drop of liquid glue to hold it in place. (I clamped the twine with my cross-lock tweezers while the glue dried, to keep it fairly taut.) I added the second mouse to the balloon with liquid glue. I used scraps of cardstock behind his upper part where he hung over the top of the balloon, to keep him level with the balloon. Finally, I adhered the front grass piece with foam tape.
 
Inside of card


To add a little something to the inside of the card, I die cut another grassy layer, and adhered that in place. I used a third mouse from "Bubbles of Joy," with his little party hat, and added the cupcake from Lawn Fawn's "Party Unicorn" stamp & die set. I positioned the mouse so he is looking up where the inside message will go. I really love how this card came out!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Great CAS card love the stencilled cloudy sky and cute litle mice.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and hope you will join us again
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, so cute and the inside is so fun!

    Thank you so much for joining us over at Creative Knockouts, I hope you play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card love the image Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and hope you will join us again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww so cute! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!