Thursday, May 13, 2021

Hoppy Birthday!

  

The current challenge at Double Trouble is "Fun Fold." They are partnering with Crafting Happiness for their Challenge #95, "Frogs (or Anything Goes)." I am entering this card in both challenges.
 
I followed a tutorial for a Flap Fold card at Splitcoaststampers.com. I used Bazzill Marine Mist cardstock for the card base, & patterned paper from Echo Park's "It's a Celebration" 6x6" pad to decorate. I punched along the upper short panel with the "Scallop Sentiment" border punch from Fiskars.
 
I stamped the frog (from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' "Birthday Pals" set) onto a scrap of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I colored it with my Tombow markers. I die cut the frog with a We R Memory Keepers "Nesting Circles" die, & cut a mat from pink Core'dinations cardstock with a Waffle Flower "Additional Circles" die, to give me a 1/16" border. I also stamped the present on a 1" circle I'd punched from bristol paper, and colored it with my markers. I die cut a 1-1/8" pink cardstock circle for the mat.
 
I use a 1-1/2" circle die to cut the hole in my card base. After I adhered the patterned paper on the front lower flap, I glued my matted focal circle within the opening, adding the glue only to the bottom area of the circle. I adhered the present circle with foam tape over the edge of the top flap, as a closure for the flap. Finally, I stamped the greeting on the upper flap.
 
Inside of card
 
For the inside of the card, I cut a 4" square of cream cardstock, & added a 1" tall border of patterned paper to the bottom edge. I masked off the border strip with a piece of Post It tape, & stamped the balloon & inside sentiment. I stamped the balloon again onto bristol paper, colored it, & fussy cut it out. To finish, I glued the colored balloon over the stamped on on the inside of the card.

I'm also entering this card in 613 Avenue Create's May Challenge: "Anything Goes" (not playing the twist).

14 comments:

  1. Andrea, you flip flap frog card is super fun! (try saying THAT 5 times!!) I've always seen flowers on the circle part, but putting your cute frog there is perfect for our Double Trouble "fun fold" card!!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creative talents with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I love that food and how the frog is highlighted in that circle. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the cheerful vibe, Andrea! So bright and colorful. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #83.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how Donna challenged us all to a tongue twister...flip flap frog card. Adorable card and cute froggie. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Crafting Happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card. Love the design and cute frog. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, the card is perfect. Thank you for joining us at A 613 Ave Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!