Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Three Holiday Cards

Online Card Classes' "Merry Making" class is winding down this week. :( It's been another fun class, and I've learned quite a few techniques for card making--not just for the holidays, but year-round. These are 3 more cards I made for class


Kristina Werner had a lesson on Day 5 of stenciled watercolor. I used The Crafters Workshop "Mini Rosetta" stencil for this card. I adhered it to a piece of Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper with repositionable spray adhesive, and colored with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers & a water brush. When that was dry, I removed the stencil, and stamped my greeting from Our Daily Bread Designs' "Christmas Ornament" set in the lower left corner.

I rounded the 2 opposite corners of my panel with the 1/2" side of my Corner Chomper. I matted that with black and then with pink, rounding the corresponding corners each time. Finally, I adhered it to a white A2 card base.


Gina K., a guest instructor, inspired this next card. I used one of the branch images from WPlus9's "Spring Blooms" stamp set with Altenew Forest Glades & Hero Arts Forever Green inks to make my wreath. I filled in with a berry stamp from the same set with Altenew Ruby Red ink.

For the greeting, I stamped a banner from Avery Elle's "Build a Banner" set (discontinued) onto white cardstock, and heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold embossing powder. I curved the greeting, from Hero Arts' "Vintage Christmas Post" stamp set, to match the curve of the banner, and stamped & gold heat embossed that as well. Finally, I die cut it with the coordinating "Build a Banner" die. I tied a bow with some red satin ribbon, and adhered it to the top of my wreath with a glue dot. I adhered my banner in place, using foam tape in the middle and Scor Tape at either end. I matted that panel with black, and adhered it to a piece of green cardstock, before mounting it to a white card base.


Jennifer McGuire had a lesson on Day 1 of class that inspired this card. I took a piece of blue cardstock that I had cut to 4x5.25", spattered water on it, and heat embossed with Recollections Snow embossing powder for the background. I die cut Winnie & Walter's "Peace" die 4 times from navy cardstock, and glued them all together with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. After that dried, I heat embossed along the top of the die cut with white, to make it look like snow.

I stamped "on Earth" from Clearly Besotted's "Holiday Sentiments" set (apparently discontinued) onto a scrap of white cardstock. I cut that into a strip to go under my die cut "peace." I die cut a heart from vellum using Little B's "Hearts" die set. I positioned the heart on my background, and taped it in place with a couple of small pieces of painter's tape. I glued my "peace" on top of that, and glued the white strip below it, then removed the tape. I did not actually adhere the vellum directly to my panel; the glue on the greeting pieces is all that holds it in place. Finally, I mounted my card panel to a white A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!