Sunday, October 15, 2017

Happy Merry Joyous Christmas


On Day 2 of Online Card Classes' "Merry Making" class, Jennifer McGuire had a lesson on using scoring lines through an image on your card. I ended up making 2 cards with this technique.

After scoring my panel for my first card, I placed it in my MISTI and positioned my reindeer stamp. (This stamp is quite old, and I have no clue who made it or what the name is.) I inked up the top portion of the stamp with Hero Arts Soft Lilac ink, and daubed the lower edge of the ink with a dry cloth to soften the transition. I stamped that on my panel, inked up again in the middle of the image with Memento Sweet Plum, daubed the top & bottom edges, and stamped. I repeated one more time with Memento Elderberry ink for the bottom portion of the stamp. I also stamped the greeting, from My Favorite Things' "Joyous Christmas Sentiments," (discontinued) in Elderberry.


On my second card, I did the same basic steps. This time, though, instead of 3 dye inks, I used just Delicata Silvery Shimmer pigment ink. I had a few more spots on the score lines where the ink got in the groove than on my first card. But, on both cards, I just touched those areas up with a white gel pen. All that was left was to adhere the panels to white A2 card bases. These cards really came together quickly, and I can see where this technique would be good for mass production.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!