Saturday, October 14, 2017

Season's Tweetings


The current theme at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge is "Happy Little Critters." I made this holiday card using mainly Lawn Fawn's "Winter Sparrows" stamps & coordinating dies.

I began by coloring a piece of acetate with Sail Boat Blue, Stream, & Silver Mixative alcohol inks, following this Splitcoaststampers.com tutorial. I applied the inks with a blending tool & felt pad. While that dried, I die cut a window from a piece of white cardstock with a Simon Says Stamp "Stitched Rectangles" die.

To decorate my panel, I stamped several snowflakes in Hero Arts Soft Pool ink. I used stamps from "Winter in the Park" & "Deck the Halls," both by Lawn Fawn. I also stamped the birds and notes with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped the branch with Hero Arts Wet Cement ink, and shaded it with 2 brown Prismacolor colored pencils. I also colored the birds with colored pencils, & die cut all my images.

I stamped the greeting from "Winter Sparrows" in Tuxedo Black onto a pale blue cardstock, and die cut it with a Spellbinders "Grommet Tags" die (discontinued). I inked the edges with Broken China Distress ink, just to help it stand out from the background a bit more.

For the scene, I first glued the end of the branch behind the window in my cardstock frame. I adhered the acetate to the back with Scor Tape, and glued my birds & music notes to that. I also added a little more liquid glue under the branch, just to keep it steady.

I adhered my greeting to the panel with ATG adhesive, pierced a hole at either end of the tag, and inserted 2 silver mini brads. Finally, I popped the panel up with foam tape onto a white A2 card base.

I'm also entering this card in Incy Wincy Designs' "Let's Celebrate" challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Love that alcohol inked backdrop! The little sparrows look adorable, your coloring is awesome! I'm so happy you joined us for our Happy Little Critters challenge at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!