Monday, November 23, 2015

Merry Christmas


The final day of "regular" lessons in "Holiday Style" was on using one stamp set, 5 ways. Five different designers used the same stamp set to create cards with different looks. Jennifer McGuire made two shimmery cards, using a foiled stamped image on vellum and a dry-embossed background. I took the inspiration for this card from her general design.

I began by embossing a 4x5.5" piece of silver foil cardstock with the "Snowflake Swirl" embossing folder by Darice. I also stamped my image (source unknown) on a piece of white cardstock, and heat embossed it with the Color Blend Verdigris embossing powder by Wow. I die cut that with a Spellbinders "Standard Circles SM" die, and trimmed off one side Then I glued that to my embossed panel.

I had used the "Merry Christmas" die from Simon Says Stamp to die cut the greeting from white cardstock a few days ago. I intended to use it on another card that never did work out. So I figured it would be perfect for this card. I colored the die cuts with Peacock Feathers Distress ink, so the words would stand out from the background. I ran them through my Xyron Sticker Maker, and adhered them to my panel. I inked the sides of a white A2 card base with Peacock Feathers, and finally adhered my main panel to that. I will be sending this card to the parents of a child with cancer, as part of Jennifer's "card shower."

I'm entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Christmas" challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, way to use those intricate dies! GREAT job on the silver -embossing! Gorgeous design! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!