Jennifer McGuire is having a "card shower" for two children suffering from cancer. She also included information on each child's sibling, in case anyone wanted to make them cards, too. I decided to make a card for each, not just because I wanted to, but also in the spirit of avoiding sibling rivalry! :)
Emily, one of the children, has a younger sister who likes pink & purple. I was struggling what to do for a 3-1/2 year old girl, whom I don't even know. Then I looked down on my desk and saw this stamp set that I just recently got, and thought of Catherine Pooler's love of pink & purple snowflakes. Bingo--stamp a flurry of pink & purple snowflakes!
I stamped 3 of the snowflakes from the set on a panel I'd die cut using one of the "Small Stitched Rectangle" dies from Lawn Fawn. I used Hero Arts inks in Bubble Gum, Grape Juice (first & second generation stamping), and Soft Lilac. After I'd covered the panel, I set that aside to work on my greeting.
I die cut my greeting from black cardstock, with Lawn Fawn's "Scripty Joy" die. I glued it to a piece of vellum that I'd cut smaller than the snowflake panel. I taped the vellum in place temporarily on my background with low-tack tape, and stitched around the perimeter to attach the vellum. Finally, I adhered my snowflake panel to a white A2 card base, and coated the "joy" with Star Dust Stickles.
I wrote about Xander in this post. He has an older brother who likes airplanes, among other things. I have the "Small Planes" die set from Simon Says Stamp (discontinued), and thought that would be perfect for this card.
I die cut a white panel with the largest of Lawn Fawn's "Large Stitched Rectangle" dies. Then I used one of the "Landscape Trio" dies from Mama Elephant to die cut 4 strips from that panel. I inked the top strip completely with Tumbled Glass Distress ink, then inked just the lower edge of each of the remaining strips. Finally, I glued them all to a 4.25x5.5" white cardstock panel.
After cutting a wavy banner from green cardstock, I stamped my greeting on that with Lawn Fawn's "Milo's ABC's." I heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder, and cut the left end in a V-shape. I die cut the larger of the 2 planes from red shimmer cardstock, & glued it directly on the background. I added foam tape under 2 points of the banner, and used liquid glue for the rest, to give it an even more "wavy" appearance. After I glued it down, I drew a line along the straight edge with a red gel pen. Then I poked 3 holes, and threaded crochet thread through, so it looks like the plane is pulling the banner. Finally, I adhered my card front panel to a white A2 card base. All I have left to do is add an inside sentiment to each card, and they will be ready to send!