Thursday, May 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Balloons


This card (which I will send to Operation Write Home) was inspired by a demonstration by Debby Hughes, in Online Card Classes' "Watercolor for Card Makers" class. I stamped the balloon stamp from this set onto a piece of vellum, then scribbled over the back with a pencil. I was then able to trace over the balloon image to transfer the shape to a piece of watercolor paper.

I used Distress inks in Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Spun Sugar, and Worn Lipstick to color the balloons. Finally, I watercolored a background with Tumbled Glass Distress ink, being careful not to reactivate the ink on the balloons.

I stamped a greeting from the same set on the watercolor paper, and drew balloon strings with a fine-tip blue marker. Finally I rounded the upper right corner with my 1/2" Corner Chomper. I matted it onto a piece of pink cardstock, rounding the upper right corner of that as well. I finished by adhering it to an A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!