Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Embossed You're in My Heart


I don't usually make square cards for Operation Write Home, simply because there's not as much room for writing. But I like the following OWH sketch, and it fit my design idea, so I decided to shake things up a bit.


The only thing I changed from the sketch was to make the bottom strip 5/8" instead of 1/2", just to give the greeting more breathing room.

I used a pattern from Prima's "En Francais" 6x6" paper pad for the background. I stamped the greeting from this set by Hero Arts on white cardstock in Ranger Archival Jet Black ink, and blended Brushed Corduroy Distress ink over the strip. After determining where the circle element would go, I adhered the strip to the patterned paper, and added a mini heart brad to either side of the greeting. Finally, I inked the edges of the card front with Brushed Corduroy.

For the focal panel, I cut a 4" circle from blue cardstock, using a Spellbinders Grand Circles die as a template. I then embossed it with the "Medallion" embossing folder from this Hero Arts set by Sizzix. I adhered it to a circle of white cardstock, just to give it more support. I inked the edges with Brushed Corduroy, and glued it in place on the card front.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

A Blog Named Hero's Challenge #44: "You're the (em) Boss"
Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes"

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Andrea - what a great take on the sketch! The starburst lace looks great as an embossed circle - thanks for sharing it with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!