Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thinking of You


This is another card I made for Operation Write Home. The main inspiration was Sweet 'n' Sassy Stamps' Friday "Stamp a Border" challenge. I used a sketch by OWH for the design. I stamped the circle motif from BoBunny's "Sun Kissed" stamp set with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink along a vertical axis to create the border.

I die cut a circle out of the patterned paper with a Spellbinders die, to layer over the complete circle stamped image. This was where I wished I'd thought ahead more, because I had neglected to mask the half of the circle border that goes under the patterned paper, so it ended up showing through the hole! So I cut another strip of white cardstock, stamped the whole circle image on that--lined up under the hole in the patterned paper--and glued that directly to the card front. Crisis averted!

I layered the patterned paper over that with foam tape. I die cut another, slightly larger circle from a scrap of blue cardstock to layer over the patterned paper. I stamped the "Thinking of You" from this stamp set on orange cardstock, which I then cut into a banner shape & mounted on the card, overlapping all the elements. And that finished off this card. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!