Friday, March 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Clock Card



I was rather surprised when I shipped my latest batch of cards this week to Operation Write Home that I had made only 2 birthday cards! This masculine card is one of them, that I based on an OWH sketch.

I used this Tim Holtz embossing folder for the panels behind the clock. I felt the gear design went well with the clock and idea of moving time. To make sure the panels ended up being the correct size, I cut one square of cardstock a bit larger than I needed, sprayed it with water to get a better impression, then ran it through my die cutting machine. While the cardstock was still in the folder (after it had dried thoroughly), I went over the raised portions lightly with a Memento Rich Cocoa ink pad to provide contrast & highlight the gear pattern. Then I cut that into the smaller panels. I numbered each on the back, so the design would match up when I glued them onto the card front.

For the dots on the large blue background, I used a dot stencil. (I apologize, but I don't know the name or manufacturer of the stencil; I got it before I started keeping such information!) I pounced a sponge dauber onto an Iced Spruce Distress Ink pad, then sponged the ink through each of the holes.

The "Happy Birthday" greeting from this stamp set by Hero Arts and the clock (name/manufacturer unknown) are white heat-embossed onto dark brown cardstock. Once I finished all the components, the card came together quite easily.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Monday "Tick Tock" challenge

A Blog Named Hero's "Stencil It" challenge



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card - the theme of passing time is perfect for birthdays and you've captured that perfectly in your masculine card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!