Sunday, March 9, 2014

See You Soon



I've had this "See You Soon" postmark stamp, from The Paper Studio, for a while. It's part of a set of vintage-y images, and I never really used it before. The same with the hand-less clock stamp (part of a set for which I don't know the manufacturer). But I wanted to create a card for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge; the theme is "Tick Tock." So I was looking through my ridiculously ample stamp collection, looking for time-related imagery/sentiments. And I saw this "See You Soon" stamp, and had an "ah-ha" moment. I had used another stamp in the clock set recently, so I immediately thought of that to accompany this postmark-style stamp.

I decided to keep my color scheme rather muted, in keeping with the vintage look to the stamps. So I used a piece of dark brown cardstock for the background, cut to a standard A2 card size of 4.25x5.5". I chose a tan cardstock to stamp the postmark image on, using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I decided to stamp it 3 times, to make that my main focal image. I stamped the clock, to use as an embellishment, on a scrap of blue patterned paper, and die cut it with a Spellbinders circle die. The striped patterned paper is from a 6x6" pad by 7gypsies, called "Postale." It seemed to fit right in with the postal image of the main stamp. I punched it on the long sides with a postage-stamp edge punch by EK Success. For the composition, I used Operation Write Home's sketch #B-27, which I flipped horizontally.

1 comment:

  1. Great card!! The triple stamped stamp image was a great idea. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!