Monday, November 16, 2015

Gingerbread Joy


This is the second card I've made inspired by Laurie Willison's lesson on Day 1 of Online Card Classes' "Holiday Style." This time, rather than do a diagonal, I masked just a horizontal line towards the bottom of the card. I then blended Distress inks in Abandoned Coral & Festive Berries to create a subtle ombre look. I scored a line at the top of that section, and then every 1/2" up to the top of the panel.

For the gingerbread man (stamp source unknown), I used Ranger Archival Coffee ink to stamp him on a scrap of Strathmore smooth bristol paper. I then colored him in with 2 different colors of brown Zig Clean Color pens. I made sure to keep my darker shading just around the edges, to simulate the toasty edges cookies can get when they are baked. I used a white gel pen for the "icing" on the hands & legs, the mouth, and buttons; and a black gel pen for the eyes. I finished him by fussy cutting him and gluing him to my card panel.

I die cut Lawn Fawn's "Scripty Joy" from some green cardstock for my greeting. I added dots of glue to the back of the word with my Zig 2-way glue pen, and adhered it in place, adding the dot for the "j" with more glue. Finally, I mounted my panel to a white A2 card base. I will be sending this card to Send a Smile 4 Kids, to brighten the holiday for a hospitalized child.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges;

Send a Smile 4 Kids "Happy Holidays 4 Kids"
Pile It On #95: "Any Holiday/Celebration"
Virginia's View Challenge #20: "Texture" (used dry embossed lines on panel)

2 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!