Sunday, September 17, 2023

Happy Bird-day


This is my second card for Lawn Fawnatics' current color challenge. I was able to use leftover leaf die cuts from my first card I made for this challenge, which were actually the inspiration for the design of this card.

I used the center panel from my die cut frame for my first card for the background on this one. I ink blended a sky with Salvaged Patina Distress ink. I also die cut a scrap of yellow cardstock with the same "Small Stitched Rectangle" die that I'd used for the background, so it would be the same width & carry the stitching detail on down. I cut the top edge of that piece with one of the "Stitched Hillside Borders" dies.

I stamped the images, from Lawn Fawn's "Special Delivery" & "Special Delivery Box Add-on," onto Strathmore Vellum Bristol paper. I used my Prismacolor pencils to color them, then cut them with the coordinating dies. I ink blended over the top of the strings die cut with Salvaged Patina, so it would blend into the sky. After I glued the strings to the box, I used a black marker to draw the ribbon & box lines across the strings die cut, then colored over the white edges with the same pencils as I'd used on the box.

I wanted to put the greeting in a speech bubble, but didn't have one that was the right size. I stamped the greeting on white cardstock, & then die cut it with one of the coordinating dies for "A Birdie Told Me." I made sure to place the die so the right side was close to that side of the greeting. Then I shifted the die cut in the die, & ran it through my machine again to make the speech bubble shorter. I misjudged the die placement the second time, so the greeting was off-center. But I just stamped the little heart from "Special Delivery" to fill in the space.

I glued my leaves along the bottom of the panel, & then glued my images in place. After I trimmed off the overhanging bits of the leaves, I adhered my panel to a cream mat that I'd mounted to a white card base. I will send this card to Send a Smile 4 Kids, to help a hospitalized child celebrate their birthday.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

The Paper Funday Challenge #57: "Anything Goes" (not playing the optional twist)

12 comments:

  1. Sweet birdie with all the fall leaves, Andrea! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet card with the most adorable Birdie! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute ... I love your leaves

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute card, the pun sentiment is so much fun! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!