Saturday, October 1, 2022

Happy Birthday #2

The son of a friend of my mom's recently turned 2 years old. My mom asked me if I had any birthday cards that were appropriate for a young child. I didn't, so I created this one.

I stamped the bear & party hat, from Lawn Fawn's "Really High Five" set, onto scraps of Strathmore Vellum Bristol paper. I used my Prismacolor colored pencils to color them in. Because the balloon I would die cut wouldn't have an outline, I decided to fussy-cut the images so they would match better. Thankfully, they weren't too hard to cut out! After I cut them out, I "painted" the edges of each with a black brush-tip marker, to camouflage the white core of the paper & give a cleaner appearance.

I die cut the star balloon from Lawn Fawn's "Party Balloons" set & stamped the "2" from Lawn Fawn's "Quinn's 123s" onto that. I heat embossed the (outline) number, then colored it in with a Versamarker pen & applied more embossing powder. I used my heat gun to melt the powder for a custom balloon. I added shading to the balloon with a blue colored pencil, just so it didn't look so flat.

For the background, I added clouds with the My Favorite Things "Rolling Clouds" stencil & Tumbled Glass Distress ink. They are light, but they are there. I matted that with a rainbow striped paper from the "Party Boy" 6x6" patterned paper pad from Photoplay. I glued my balloon in place & tied a bow from crochet twine around the balloon neck. I "sealed" the knot of the bow with a little liquid glue. I glued the bear on the background, & glued the one end of the twine to his paw, so he can "hold" the balloon string. I also glued the party hat on top of his head.

I heat embossed my greeting - also from "Really High Five" - onto a scrap of blue cardstock. I cut it into 2 labels, & added them to my card at angles for a more playful feel.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

Double Trouble Challenge #121: "Punch It Out" (had a can of soda during my crafty session)

8 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card for a little one! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute, love that little bear and the great background paper you chose! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the striped patterned paper behind your bear in the air scene with a celebration of a 2 year old. Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and I often bring a can of soda, or as we call it, Pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute fun card for a little 2 year old! Nice way to mix up your supplies, too! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!