Thursday, July 1, 2021

Big Birthday Present

The current challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids challenge blog is "Tween/Teen Cards." I created this card with an old digital image from Kenny K, "Present Surprise" (discontinued). The design inspiration came from Sketch #SC746 at Splitcoaststampers.com.

I sized the image in Photoshop, and printed it on a panel of Strathmore Vellum Bristol paper. I used Prismacolor pencils to color it. For a little detail above the image, I used My Favorite Things' "Wonky Dots" stencil & Kitsch Flamingo Distress ink. The stenciling echoes the pink dots on the present.

The rainbow greeting banner was actually a scrap left over from another card I'd made. I heat embossed "happy birthday," using stamps from Altenew's "Birthday Builder" set & Ranger Navy embossing powder. I cut the end of the strip at an angle for a bit more fun, & adhered it to my panel. I glued on 3 buttons from my stash in coordinating colors. After the glue dried, I stitched through the holes with white crochet twine. Finally, I added my panel to a teal cardstock mat that I'd adhered to a white A2-size card base.

I'm also entering this card in 613 Avenue Create's "Anything Goes" challenge (not playing the twist).

2 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!