Sunday, July 4, 2021

Best Wishes

The oldest daughter of a friend I went to school with just got married. I made this card for her & her new husband. The design came from Sketch Challenge #512 at Try Stampin' on Tuesday's challenge blog, but I missed the deadline to enter their challenge. The overall look was inspired by this card I saw on Pinterest, & the embossed frame on this card by Libby Fens. Challenge #87 at Double Trouble Paper Crafting, which had partnered with the sketch challenge, inspired the design as well. The theme there is "It's Hip to be a Square," so to use square(s) and/or circle(s) on your project. I used one of the "Decorative Labels One" dies from Spellbinders (discontinued) for my square, & a circle die cut over that. I also did both heat & dry embossing, to fulfill the second part of their challenge.

I made my card 5x6-1/2", to accommodate both the greeting, from My Favorite Things' "Cause for Celebration" die set (discontinued), & the embossed "Decorative Labels One" die turned 45 degrees. I cut my card front from navy cardstock to that size, & embossed the die frame into it. I die cut a circle from Strathmore Mixed Media paper, & inked it with Antique Linen Distress ink, to give just a bit of color. For shimmer (because we all know the moon shimmers), I pressed my Versamark ink pad all over the circle, and then heat embossed with Ranger Holographic embossing powder.

I punched the owls from black cardstock with the Stampin' Up "Owl Builder" punch (discontinued). I also die cut the branch from Spellbinders' "Sweet Birds on a Branch" set from black. I glued them to the moon, & added a silver glitter heart that I'd punched. I trimmed off the branch where it overhung the moon edge, and adhered it centered over the embossed frame on the card front.

I die cut the greeting from a cream piece of The Paper Studio's Pearlized cardstock. I felt the color complemented the moon nicely. I glued that to my card front, & finally adhered the card front to a white card base.

6 comments:

  1. How sweet with the pair of owls! Thanks for sharing with us at both Double Trouble and TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, that is probably one of my favorite Stampin' Up punches! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS and adorable punch. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and sorry you missed the TSOT deadline.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!