Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Leave a Little Sparkle

 
Jennifer McGuire recently had a video about the Sparkled Glass technique. I created this card based on that technique, & the butterflies & color palette in the inspiration photo from the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie challenge.

I cut a piece of Grafix DuraLar acetate to 4-1/4x5-1/2". Using my MISTI stamp positioning tool, I centered the image from WPlus9's new "Vintage Ephemera" stamp set on the panel, & stamped it with StazOn Jet Black ink. I then used Sharpie markers to color it, adding the color on the back of the acetate so as not to smear the StazOn.

I cut a panel of patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye "Adorbs" 6x6" pad to 4x5-1/4". I used the coordinating "Vintage Ephemera" die to die cut from the center of that panel. I applied double-sided adhesive to the back of the paper, and adhered it to my acetate, centering the image in the die cut window. Then I trimmed off any acetate that extended beyond the patterned paper.

I adhered a panel of white glitter paper behind the image. I couldn't capture the shimmer in the photo, as it is subtle, but it's there. I matted my panel with pink cardstock & adhered it to a white A2-size card base. I used a sticker from the Tim Holtz "Small Talk" sticker book for my greeting. I felt the wording went perfectly with a sparkly image. Finally, to echo the black of the greeting, I added 3 black sequins to the lower right corner. I think when I do this technique again, I will use a chunkier glitter paper, just so the sparkle shows better. But I still like how this card came out.

I'm also entering this card in 613 Avenue Create's "Anything Goes" challenge (not playing the twist).

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! You executed the technique beautifully! Thanks for a lovely submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!